Sunday, January 23, 2011

WHEN IN DOUBT, JUST "LISTEN"

Do you ever feel so overwhelmed by all the things that needs to get done? Do you feel like you are a sinking ship that is going down fast?  I think it's safe to say that we've all been there - including myself.

I get so wrapped up in all the external "gotta get this done" crap that I forget which way is up or down.  The feeling of importance that comes with being busy and accomplishing, accomplishing, accomplishing is ridiculous.  What if  don't do all this crap I have lined up for myself and what do I tell the people who are expecting it from me?

I sometimes get so caught up in the "doing" that "being" gets left in the dust. Ever feel like that?  It's exhausting!  I seem to catch myself in that pattern over and over again.  Kind of like drinking too much and saying "I'm done with that - never again!"  Then the next weekend you do the same thing again.  (Just to clarify - I don't even drink anymore but I was young and a bit "crazy" once upon a time).  It's really quite unbelievable how we forget to CHOOSE our life in any given moment.

I've at least become conscious enough to know when I'm doing this and will catch myself.  When I'm feeling overwhelmed and feeling doubt about myself and fear about anything, I stop myself  and "connect" to the Spirit within me and just listen.....

It's in these times of feeling so overwhelmed and exhausted that I will  remember the relationship I have with me - WITHIN me - at all times.  And then I "just connect".  What a powerful source and tool this proves to be for me whenever I remember it's there and waiting.  When I do remember, all I have to do is stop - connect and listen!

I can literally feel that Energy move through me an into my heart.  Often times if flows out my mouth into something that inspires me and the people around me.  What an awesome force!  I'm so lucky recognize this ability and feel the sheer magnitude of It's presence.   We all have this within us but if you don't ever STOP to listen and "connect" it's unlikely it will hold the powerful UMPH that it otherwise could.

All I can do is to encourage you to try it!  That Source is just waiting your arrival and friendship and wants nothing more than to move through your day with you.  To lighten the load and make all your burdens seem less.

So I'll go forth in my day being mindful of this magnificent Source that is in me and continue to serve in the best way I know how.  I'll go forth in Love because that is what this Energy I speak of, truly is and I'll go forth and "BE" the person I AM rather than the one I think I need to be. I'll do this until I notice once again, that I'm NOT doing this... and so it goes.  The Ebb and Flow of it all.

Ahhh, LIFE.  Quiet yourself and JUST LISTEN!

Love and Light to all of you!

Namaste!

Linda

Come join me on FaceBook! and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment