Monday, January 3, 2011

An important day ! here's why :-)

By Linda Nuss - Source: domain-b


I woke this morning, and recalled a morning 26 years ago today when dad placed a call to me in my work. I was 20 years old.  A graphic designer. Working in a beautiful Stately home on a typesetting machine.

I dropped the phone, made my excuses and walked slowly for 6 miles into the city of Bath where I lived.  It was beautifully sunny.  Amazingly calm. I could hear the breeze rushing through the bare branches and I heard her whispering to me.

I held in my heart that this was best. That there wasnt any more pain for her, and that as long as I felt the breeze on my face, I would feel her in my heart.

In 26 years, I just calculated I have owned 5 houses, lived in the UK, Lanzarote and Australia. I have been married twice, and have had three beautiful daughters. I have learned to live, to love, to laugh and to lose.   I have learned that life is a gift and you should use it wisely.   My experience showed me that the people who come alongside to share with you, do not define you -  they enrich you and bless you and ultimately we set each other free to continue onward to bless and enrich others.

I remember standing on the ramparts of the medieval city of Carcassonne in 2001 after my first marriage ended. I looked over the poppy fields from the walls of this 2600 year old magnificent edifice.  I thought of the 70/80 years I may be present in this life, that these walls will keep standing, the world keep turning and I wondered how many other people after me would stand in this place and think as I was thinking.

Why am I blogging this? KEEP READING TO FIND OUT

 

Namaste!

 

Linda Nuss

Follow me on FACEBOOK and stop by and see me!  www.lightmeupradio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment