Tuesday, December 28, 2010

AN EXPERIENCE IN ONENESS

By Linda Nuss - Source: domain-b

Today I want to share something very special. I want to share the experience of a friend of mine, a scientist who has been researching global consciousness for over 20 years. This was the experience that started it all:

“When I was thirty two, after a year living in Western Australia, I moved to Hobart, Tasmania. I was then at the same latitude South as my birthplace was North. The presence of Antarctica taught me there can be radiant cold.

Its icy presence pierced my bones, until it seemed like they could snap. I took a plane North up the coast to Cairns, North Queensland and found a free ashram in Mount Molloy – up in the table lands – run by an English couple. They gave me a garden shed to live in on the edge of their property where I could meditate without being disturbed.

I felt an overpowering need to do absolutely nothing other than be awake and aware. When taking walks out into the bush, I’d sit for long stretches. The more still I became inside, the more Nature came alive.

A couple of months passed and I settled down. One night I was reading a passage from Jiddu Krishnamurti – wherein he suggested to make “no effort”. I felt compelled to experience effortlessness.

By the next morning, having laid awake all night, without need of sleep, a turgid cloud of psychic matter gathered in front of my face – a few inches away. It seemed to contain all that I had withdrawn my attention from, all of what I had not been conscious of until then. It was awesome to be hallucinating my “dis-owned” self. I’d never experienced anything like it before. There was a mental/emotional, as well as physical desire, to turn away from “it”. By sustaining effortless awareness – within the space of a minute or two – the cloud dissolved into the awareness I was witnessing it with. Free from what I had hidden from – who and what I knew my self to be became infused with the radical presence of impersonal awakeness....Keep Reading

 

Namaste!

Linda

Join me on FaceBook! or visit me on my website and pick up me FREE GIFT

No comments:

Post a Comment